These days, growing your personal brand means making sure people know who you are, what you stand for, and what they can expect from you. These days, people can find out all sorts of things about you without ever having to look at your résumé. They only have to Google your name, look you up on LinkedIn, and follow your Twitter stream to see what you’re all about.
So why not take advantage of that and present your best self?
Erik Deckers, co-author of Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself and No Bullshit Social Media, will show people to establish and grow their personal brand, increase their network, and use both to find new opportunities, relationships, and even jobs.
In this 2-hour session, you’ll learn:
- The four most important social media tools to show people what you know.
- How to make sure employers find only the good stuff about you online.
- Three secrets to bypass gatekeepers and speak directly with decision makers and hiring managers.
- How to connect only with people who can benefit you and identify those who won’t.
- Why Google+ may be one of your best personal branding tools.
- How to hide those online “oops” moments that won’t go away.
This event will be held at the Schroeder Family School of Business Administration, Room 170 at the University of Evansville in Evansville, Indiana (building #22 on campus map), and will last for two hours. This event is being held in conjunction with Social Media Club of Evansville.
Registration for this event is REQUIRED. Register at personalbrandevansville.eventbrite.com.
Cost is $30. Tickets are free for University of Evansville students and faculty. And if you’re between jobs at the moment, we have complimentary tickets for you too.